Monday, May 26, 2008

Ready....Set....Go!!!


We had two fun races this weekend. One was in springville and the other one in American Fork. The one in Springville was really windy and cold. The kids were bundled up really warm in the stroller. Jake did awesome as always with a time of 23 min. and I did....(kinda embarrassed bout this one) 44 min. I blame it on pushing both kids but really that is not the reason. It felt really good to finish a race. My first one since high school. Then today we went to A.F to race in the Run for Ryan race. He was the man who got killed on the motorcycle a couple of months ago. That was really fun. Jake of course did awesome with a time of 23 min. I ran it in 38 min. I shaved off 6 minutes. I was really proud of myself. It was rainy but still alot of fun. The kids loved being out of the rain in the stroller.

I hope to do even better in June when we run the 5k for strawberry days. So if you see me walking down the street when i am supposed to be running, remind me to just keep going. I am losing weight also that I am excited about that. I am also proud about losing it by exercising and eating better. It really is amazing how much exercising helps in losing weight. I really have not changed the way I eat that much but I know if I do it will come off faster.

10 comments:

Fiddlefish said...

Way to go, Lindsay!! I've never run a race in my life unless you count "the mile" in junior high and high school. :) If you ever want to go walking give me a ring. I'm workin' on my baby weight, too. :)

Tara B.

Autumn said...

Way to go Lindsay! I really don't like to run...but I think it would be fun to do a race with my husband! You are looking great by the way!

auttelf said...

Good for you! its probably cause we work so hard at the gym! ha ha My parents and bro were at the run for ryan too. but they just did the mile with the grand kids.

Amy Jones said...

I did a 5k once. I think I was 10. As it is now...I'd rather eat rocks than run. I'm not sure why. I actually wish that I enjoyed it...so I'm totally impressed and happy for you that you can do something so awesome AND get exercise in at the same time! (I agree, you are looking great.) My exercise routine nowadays consists of walking up my 10 or 12 stairs in my house a couple times a day. Pitiful.

Jonie said...

I am so proud of you. Are you going to run the 5K during Lehi days? I have thought about it, Zach wants to do it, but he wants me to do it with him.
Jonie

Romney said...

Way to go! I'm impressed cause I hate running!! And pushing a stroller...that's even more impressive! Good luck in your next race!

Megan Adamson said...

It was a fun race. I am glad that you are running. I love to run. You will get addicted if you stay with it. It really helped the weight come off of me. Keep on the good work.

Shelley said...

Yikes - that is awesome. I probably would clock a time of 2 hours...so you're amazing!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Someday I'll have kids, and you'll have to be my encouragement to get the weight off.

Keisel Family said...

Wow, a runner! I am impressed. I hate running, but I have also realized that in order to lose weight I have to do it. Congrats on your weight loss. It is a never ending battle at my house, but so rewarding when you see some positive results. Keep up the good work!

Teri said...

Lindsey, you rock woman! I'm so proud of you. I saw you running the other day and taking a picture. I looked to see what you were looking at and it was the deer in the field. So cool. I'm impressed with your running, your an inspiration to me. Did you get your iPod working, or did you have to buy a new one?