Chris and Jake.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Chris and Jake.
Monday, May 26, 2008
We had two fun races this weekend. One was in springville and the other one in American Fork. The one in Springville was really windy and cold. The kids were bundled up really warm in the stroller. Jake did awesome as always with a time of 23 min. and I did....(kinda embarrassed bout this one) 44 min. I blame it on pushing both kids but really that is not the reason. It felt really good to finish a race. My first one since high school. Then today we went to A.F to race in the Run for Ryan race. He was the man who got killed on the motorcycle a couple of months ago. That was really fun. Jake of course did awesome with a time of 23 min. I ran it in 38 min. I shaved off 6 minutes. I was really proud of myself. It was rainy but still alot of fun. The kids loved being out of the rain in the stroller.
I hope to do even better in June when we run the 5k for strawberry days. So if you see me walking down the street when i am supposed to be running, remind me to just keep going. I am losing weight also that I am excited about that. I am also proud about losing it by exercising and eating better. It really is amazing how much exercising helps in losing weight. I really have not changed the way I eat that much but I know if I do it will come off faster.
Friday, May 23, 2008
Then me, Tagg and Kate were out running with my new stroller and new running shoes, (thanks mom and dad), when we saw some deer really close up. This has happened three times now. First time I was with Tiffany Gray when we say them run across the road and the second and third times have been when I have been running. They are really ugly right now with their fur shedding but it is still fun to see them so close.
Posted by Lindsay at 1:49 PM
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
I had the Best mothers day! We first went up to Jake's parents house for breakfast. Then Jake, creed, Brandon and his dad went to the Jazz game. They did leave me alone but I was with my kids so I was happy. Then for dinner we went to my parents house. My cousins were there and we played baseball and jumped and had a great time. On Saturday we had a BBQ at my aunt Laura's house. We had a lot of fun playing games and eating. I got an awesome new running stroller for mothers day/anniversary. It was a great. I love it. That night Jake treated me to a wonderful pedicure. It was a good day.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Kate loves outside. So I decided to buy her sidewalk chalk so she could draw and have fun. Well the last few days she has been coming inside with chalk all over her, when I would go outside to see her beautiful art work and could never find it. I just figured she was mostly drawing on herself......well turns out she decided that sidewalk chalk could be used somewhere else better...on the house. There is pink chalk along the back of our house. I just recently found chalk on my car also.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Game of Tag
How to play this game of tag. Post these rules on your blog. List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
3 joys: My Family, Peanut Butter (though I have to refrain right now because of Tagg), Reading
3 Fears: Being home alone, That I will make someone mad, Teaching my kids in Primary (They are so much smarter than I am)
3 goals: losing 20 lbs of baby weight (I am with you on that one Tara), Finishing my backyard, Finishing 3 of my quilts this summer.
3 current obsessions: Loosing this weight (I even took up running, I really don't like running), Reading-by myself and with my kids, Quilting (Jake says I have like 50 quilts going on, I really only have 7)
3 collections: Bags, Bags, Bags (I have no idea why, You can only carry one bag at a time), blankets, and Books
3 random facts: I hate when my food touches, I really love to color, Me and Kate compete with our OCD
I tag Shelley, Holly, Mom, Teri and Jodi (Only if you guys want)
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Thursday, May 1, 2008
A Mommy TagI was tagged by Autumn (I think so anyway)
1. Typically, what time do you wake up?6:00 to feed Tagg and then Back to bed until 7:30-8:00
2. On a good night, what time are your kids in bed? Tagg always 8:00, Kate 9:30
3. How long have you been a mommy? 3 years!
4. How old were you when you became a mom? 21
5. What is your favorite kids T.V show? Word World and Super Why
6. What is your least favorite kids T.V. show? Bob the builder and dora.
7. What is your favorite chore? vacuuming
8. What is your favorite meal to cook? Homemade Pizza
9. What meal do you cook most often? I don't cook very often. kates picky and Jake only eats microwave popcorn
10. What is your kids favorite meal? Cereal
11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids? Takes them outside to do anything and everything.
12. What are 5 things that make you smile when you’re being a mom? When Tagg gets excited when I enter the room, kates comments and stories, when my husband reads to them, watching Kate play with Tagg.
13. If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be?Camping,Both my kids love outside.
14. When was the last time you went out without your kids? Last Monday
15. What is your favorite pastime/activity to do with your kids?Being outside with the dogs.
16. Name one thing you said you would never say as a mother? I don't remember anything off the top of my head.
17. Name one thing you do, that your own mom did? Read to my kids every night before bed.
18. What is your favorite quality your mom has? She is patient and very loving.
19. What is your favorite kids book? But no elephants!!
20. What is your favorite advice for new moms? Don't worry if the play dough colors get mixed up.
21. What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom? Tagg fell off my huge log bed. (it is about 3 1/2 feet high)
22. What is your most joyful moment being a mom? Giving birth to my kids and when they help me without me asking.
23. When was the last time you told one of your kids, “I Love You”? Just a few min. ago when i put her to bed.
24. When was the last time you were told, “I love you” by one of your kids? a few min. ago.
I tag Cally, Ariel and Brindee