Monday, September 8, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

Great Grandma was very nice to me and gave me lots of peaches from her tree. They were so good but getting very ripe so I recruited my mom to help me make peaches and jams and salsa and anything else we could think of.

It was a really busy day but we started off by canning some peaches. My mom taught me how to do this so now I know, thanks mom!!

Then we mad jams. We made strawberry-peach, Blackberry-peach, Peach-strawberry-blackberry, and Strawberry-blackberry. It was sooooooo good!

Then I decided to try to make fresh salsa. I have never made it before so we got a couple of recipes and combined them to make a yummy salsa. I did not like the way it tasted at first and was very disappointed, but after a couple of hours when we got it out for dinner all the flavors mixed together and it was really good. thanks again mom for helping me.

Then what is best with nice yummy jam.......Hot fresh bread. I just had to make bread for the jam. You can't have good jam without some good bread.

Then we went out and picked some nectarines from my moms tree and my mom dried some nectarines. We did not get to taste those yet but I am sure they were good to.

Thanks mom for all your time, knowledge, and hard work to teach me how to do these things and helping me get them done.
Kate picking fruit from the tree
Our sink full of peaches
The jam mess!
The finished projects, Lots of jams, peaches, bread and salsa.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so impressed!! looks like hard work. and very tasty too.

Jonie said...

This is how I spent my weekend as well, except we canned beans and tomatoes.

I think you are awesome!

Amy Jones said...

Peach jam is my absolute FAV! I never thought of mixing it with the other stuff, but you've made my mouth water just thinking about it. :) You're a domestic goddess!

Emily said...

WOW!! That looks amazing and delicious!

Fiddlefish said...

You've got a great fam. You are so blessed to live close to your family.
It all looks amazing!

Tara

Autumn said...

I am so impressed Lindsay!! Wow! How in the world did you do all of that with 2 little babies running around? Yummy!!!

Mandi said...

Okay, now I know who to ask, for the peach jam recipe. I am wanting to can peaches and do jam...I will be calling you. Way to go, it all looks so yummy!

S Leetham Family said...

Linds - thanks for a wonderful day. I had a great time with you...as always. Love, Mom

Kristi said...

Hey! It's good to hear from you! You're little family is getting big, too!

Anonymous said...

wow what an accomplishment! YUM
anette