Monday, June 30, 2008

Leetham Family Reunion/ Logan peak trail run


Kate at Lagoon

Derik, Kaden, and Katelynn

Part of the trail jake had to run.

Awesome Jake looking HOT while he runs.


I don't know who this is but it is a good picture of the view jake had while he ran.
Snow!! Jake had to put up with snow on some parts of the trail. He is amazing, it would be really hard to run on snow.
Jake before and after the race. I think he looks really good for having the flu all last week and then running 28 miles up a mountain.

We had a busy weekend. We left Thursday after work to go up to cherry hill for the Leetham family reunion! We set up camp and relaxed the rest of the night. Friday we went to Lagoon and played all day. Kate had fun trying out the rides with Kaden her second cousin. Unfortunately my camera ran out of batteries in the first few rides at lagoon so I only have a couple of pics of kate. Grandma was very nice to me and Jake and took both of the kids most of the day so that we could go on the rides. Then that night Jake, Tagg, and I went to Great Gma and Gpa Stephens house and stayed the night so that Jake could wake up really early and run a 28 mile race up to the top of Logan Peak. He had been really sick all week but still decided to run. He ran it in an amazing 7:57:06. He did really great!! I am very proud of him. I have some pics of Jake crossing the finish line but I have to get them from my dad. Then we came back to Cherry Hill and relaxed with my cousins.
To top off the great weekend when I got home on Sunday we all just wanted to relax so we watched Jurassic park II and I made this cute quilt. It only took me a few hours and I think it turned out cute.

7 comments:

Shelley said...

Wow - look at Jake go. I must say I appreciate those that run...but think they are a little crazy. I prefer to drive, walk, or ride - not run!

Megan Adamson said...

Wow!! I am impressed. I could not run up a mountain. And I could not make a quilt. I can't even sew a straight line. It looks GREAT!

Fiddlefish said...

Way cute quilt. Pretty nature photos , too. Sounds like you guys had fun!

Tara B.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jake! What an accomplishment. You've motivated me run a few tiny mile/miles. I think you are amazing. Cute quilt Lindz, it's awesome you can do that in one afternoon
Mom S

Amy Jones said...

Cutest quilt! And cogngrats to Jake, That is amazing!

Keisel Family said...

What a fun weekend. I love times like that; it is what makes summer so much fun. I can't believe you made that quilt in a few hours. I have done one like that before and it took me days!

S Leetham Family said...

Your quilt is so cute. Jake did an awesome job! Love you all!!!!