Monday, February 23, 2009

A weekend alone!!!

This weekend Jake and I decided we would go to all the towns we were thinking of moving to. We drove so much. I did not want to drag the kids around so many places and make them be in the car that much. So Mama and Papa Leetham took the kids for a long weekend. They were such troopers...as it turns out both kids are sick!!! They took them Friday, Saturday, Sunday and I came home today. We went everywhere. Drove for about 19-20 hours this weekend. I am so tired. But it was so much fun for me and Jake to have some time by ourselves!! Jake spoiled me though by taking me to the Hampton inn. (That place is worth every pretty little penny you pay for it, and you do pay alot of those pennies.) It was so nice not to have to share Jakes attention with anybody!!

So as we went around looking at houses and towns. We decided to live in Lander. It is a really cute little town. It has all your basic shops around town grocery store, lumber, car parts but you do have to travel 15 min to a walmart. (That will save me money). We liked it up there and thought it was really beautiful. We will now focus all our attention on trying to find a house there. Hopefully this one sells soon and we can get settled in our new one. I really hate knowing that I have to move but not knowing when!!!!

8 comments:

Holly said...

Sounds like heaven to be alone!

made sweet said...

congrats on finding a town you like! good luck with selling/buying houses!

Amy Jones said...

I'm SO glad you were able to get some time with your hubby all to yourself. It rarely happens after kids come along. Congrats on deciding on Lander. Best of luck finding a house & selling yours! I'll be sending good vibes your way!

Jonie said...

It is beautiful there. I will have to give you the number of my really good friend who lives in Riverton, right by Lander. She can hook you up with all kinds of things. Plus best of all we will still see each other as we pass through on our drive to South Dakota. Brother Burton is from around there as well and his mother still lives there.

Loveless Fam said...

I am excited that you've decided where to live! I will have to mapquest and see how far we will be!
Good luck with everything!

Loveless Fam said...

FYI: Lander is not a good place to move. We will still be 11 hours away from each other! We were only 13 to begin with. Time for another weekend alone to find a new place!

Flint said...

Not knowing when everything will happen IS the hardest part. Be patient the move WILL happen

Tammy said...

Congratulations on making the decision on where you want to live at in Wyoming. Tell Jake that we want to hear about his adventures in Wyoming until you get there? Did the offer you got on the house come through or are you still waiting to here? We will miss seeing you but maybe you will be able to come and visit when Ty and Brindee come again.